Applications are invited from highly motivated students for a PhD position at IBAB, Bengaluru. The successful candidate will work in an industrial research project sponsored by a highly reputed multinational pharma and life sciences company. The candidate will work in the frontier area of developing antibodies for immunotherapy in collaboration with an industrial partner.
Specialised training will be given in the project which involves engineering antibodies and development of cell-based assays. The position will be available for a period of two years initially and extendable by further three years. The selected candidate will receive a fellowship and be provided accommodation in IBAB hostel.
Essential Qualifications, Experiences and Skills
- Master’s degree (M.Sc. OR equivalent) in Life Sciences/ Biochemistry/ Molecular Biology/ Biotechnology/ or related subjects with at least 60% of marks or 6.50 CGPA from a recognized university.
- Excellent hands-on skills in basic molecular biology techniques, protein expression and purification.
- Good computer skills including use of Microsoft Office packages and working with online databases.
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills, ability to maintain accurate lab records.
- Ability to carry out basic maintenance of general lab equipment’s and resources.
- Excellent communication skills and team player, willingness to learn and enjoy solving problems.
Desirable Experiences and Skills
- Experience in working in a molecular biology laboratory and/or tissue culture facility.
- Experience of working in industry.
The student will receive a fellowship of Rs. 31,000/- per month for the first two years and Rs. 35,000/- per month for the next three years following an annual review of the work and satisfactory progress. In addition, house rent allowance and contingency will be paid as per Government of India norms.
How to Apply
Interested applicants may send a cover letter outlining their motivation and a CV that clearly demonstrates the relevant practical expertise and skills as a single pdf file to email@example.com. Last date for submission of application is 3rd March, 2019